Friday, October 1, 2010

Hush, Hush [book review]



Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Synopsis: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friends, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgement, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life. (via Goodreads)

Rating: ★★★★★

Wanna hear something funny? It was funny to me so please bare with me. I stumbled upon this book at Target and was dazed by the cover, it's pretty spectacular. So I asked on Twitter "if I should buy Hush, Hush" and a friend *cough* @TwilightsDance from OnceUponATwilight *cough* responds "Are you kidding, it's awsome." Well I bought the book and as soon as I was in the car I started reading and was hooked in a flash. The story takes so many twists and turns that I feel like i'm on a neverending rollercoaster, but in a good way. I didn't know who was evil or good. Hush, Hush kept me guessing from start to finish. BTW have I mentioned Patch is GREAT! (Patch is the main guy in the book) I personally wouldn't mind having someone like him pushing my buttons, getting under my skin and making me "weak in the knees" all at the same time. If you liked Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers and Fallen by Lauren Kate you're going to LOVE Hush, Hush. What are you waiting for, stop reading this review (she said nicely) and go buy Hush, Hush. You won't regret it!
you know you love me,
xoxo- Doris


Hush, Hush is my new obsession. I am in love with it. It's my new favorite book! I don't know how I've lived a year without reading it. What is wrong with me?! LOL. And might I add that I am inlove with Patch. I'd take him over Edward Cullen any day(; Becca Fitzpatrick you are brilliant! Everything was perfect. It was fast paced, and the plot ohmygoodness. I kept craving more after each page. Like Doris said, there were many twists and turns, it was too good. So please do yourself a favor and go read it!
sealed with love,
xoxo- B


Crescendo
(Hush, Hush part 2)
releases on October 19, 2010!
eeeeeeep!



No comments:

Post a Comment