Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You [book review]

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
(Gallagher Girls Series #1)
Author: Ally Carter

Reading Level: YA

Synopsis:
The Gallagher Academy for exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls school---that is, it would be if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking the CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but it's really a school for spies.
Cammie Morgan is a second-generation Gallagher Girl, and by her sophmore year she's already fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (one of which involves a piece of uncooked spaghetti). But the one thing the Gallagher Academy hasn't prepared her for is what to do when she falls for a boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl.
Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through town without his ever being the wiser---but can she have a relationship with a regular boy who can never know the truth about her?
Cammie may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophmore year, she's beginning her most dangerous mission---falling in love.
(as written from inside the book cover)


Rating: ★★★★★

Oh how I wish I was Cammie! (At least I get to be her while I read, right?). I loved this book, so much that I strongly feel this needs to be turned into a movie! It had me hooked. And I really love it when I have to pry the book out of my hands to get some chores done (no sarcasm). I felt all the emotions Cammie felt, I laughed and cried during this book. My take on it? If you're longing for a chance to go back to your high school years when you experienced your first "love," this book will definitely take you there. Not to mention you get to feel like a super spy while you're on the ride! I'm glad there are a few more books that follow this one because I'm intrigued into reading more about the Gallagher Girls!

And about the movie thing, seriously... Once you read it you'll understand what I said about how cool of a movie this would be.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I really need to check out...love the title of the book :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished the Hunger Games and have been looking for some other YA series to read...this might just be it.

    Visiting from the HOP.

    I hope you will have time to visit one or both of my blogs: LibrarysCat and Never Forget!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete