Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Hunger Games [book review]

The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins

Synopsis: Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Game. But Katniss has been close to death before--and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love. (via Goodreads)



Rating: ★★★★★

Oh my Peeta. Why, oh why did it take me so long to find you. I...Let me stop myself before this review turns into my crushing on Peeta Mellark and how he's so wonderful *le sigh* and yada, yada, yada. Back to business. The Hunger Games is so different from what I'm use to reading! For starters, it deals in the future an there is like NO United States (freaky but in a good way.) HG has tons of action, suspense and a brave protagonist, Katniss; who is fierce yet sweet with her sister and Rue. Well I have to admit that I cried a couple of times. There were some scenes that are emotional.

I have to thank @VampireLove10 for being a book bully and pushing me to read The Hunger Games. Without her I would have never read this incredible book and known about Peeta.
Now it's my turn to be a book bully: If you haven't read HG then I suggest you do ASAP! You'll fall in love with this book and once you do, you'll be begging for more!

you know you love me
xoxo
Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment