Friday, January 7, 2011

Trickster's Girl [book review]

Trickster's Girl
Author: Hilari Bell

Synopsis: In the year 2098 America isn't so different from the USA of today. But in a post-9/11 security-obsessed world, "secured" doesn't just refer to borders between countries,it also refers to borders between states. Teenagers still think they know everything, but there is no cure for cancer, as Kelsa knows first-hand from watching her father die.

The night Kelsa buries her father, a boy appears. He claims magic is responsible for the health of Earth, but human damage disrupts its flow. The planet is dying.

Kelsa has the power to reverse the damage, but first she must accept that magic exists and see beyond her own pain in order to heal the planet.



Rating: ★

Trickser's Girl seemed more alluring to me at the time I read the synopsis and requested it. Maybe it was the title, maybe it was the cover. Yes, I tend to often judge books by titles, and covers. Usually I dislike reading books set in the future. They seem too unreal, or too, I don't know, weird? Like this book, it was just weird to me. The writing was good, but I wasn't a big fan of the story line. It seemed too bipolar, mixing the future with magic and cancer cures and nature. Am I making sense? This is probably the hardest time I've had writing a review. I guess you'll have to read the book for yourself to understand where I'm coming from(:

sealed with love
xoxo
B

1 comment:

  1. You know I wasn't too fond of this one either. I don't know maybe it was too sci fy for me.

    :)

    Val @ Truth Be Told

    ReplyDelete